Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Takin the challenge to the BLOG!

Why for have a blog, if you're not going to...BLOG! Taking my 30-Day challenge to the blog, because I can, and because those measley caption boxes are not lengthy enough for my explanations of daily challenges! ;-)

Let's recap, shall we? Here are the rules:

Day 1 - A picture of yourself with fifteen facts
Day 2 - A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest
Day 3 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show
Day 4 - A picture of a habit you wish you didn't have
Day 5 - A picture of your favorite memory
Day 6 - A picture of something you'd like to do again
Day 7 - A picture of your most treasured item
Day 8 - A picture that makes you laugh
Day 9 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most
Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the most fucked up things with
Day 11 - A picture of something you hate
Day 12 - A picture of something you love
Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist
Day 14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without
Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die
Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you
Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently
Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity
Day 19 - A picture of a phrase you live by
Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel
Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget
Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at
Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book
Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change
Day 25 - A picture of your day
Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you
Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member
Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of
Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile
Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss
Never one to shy away from a challenge, I set out on my 30-day trek on Thursday, January 20, 2011. Before I embark on Day 6 (which is hard to differentiate from Day 5), let's have a summary of Days 1-5!

Day 1 - A picture of yourself with fifteen facts:


1.) I SO miss my red hair but it was a B to keep up with :-P (Hence, picking this picture...Hello Redz!)
2.) My sister thinks I have a bobble-head.
3.) I've lost 65 pounds since HS and some people don't recognize me...luckily ;-)
4.) I didn't like Tom when we first met (I was 14, he was 15) and he thought I was "mean".
5.) My dream place to go is Paris, and I'll probably cry the whole time I'm there.
6.) I credit Tom, my BFFs, my close fam and Weight Watchers for saving my life.
7.) I LIVE for my gf's. I don't care how sappy it makes me seem, or how obsessive I may be, but I love them and ALWAYS will. Girls nights to me = ♥. I'm each of their biggest fans.
8.) I consider Tom my first everything. Anything else before him was just childish and not "real".
9.) I miss my Twist family and working there everyday. ♥
10.) Cache will be my favorite store when I'm 30+.
11.) A Pain in de Ass from Seacrets is my favorite drink...even more than Twisted Tea ;-)
12.) I STILL love Hanson, and I'm listening to them right now ;-)
13.) I posted a picture of Britney Spears and her fab-abs on the back of my door as inspiration at the end of HS...clearly, it helped.
14.) My parent's "hated" each other for 16 years and then hugged at my wedding, and I think I cried harder than when I actually walked down the aisle ;-)
15.) I'm still not used to my sis being home and will never take it for granted again.

Day 2 - A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest:


For those of you who don't already know, that would be my one and only biological sister...though, sometimes I wonder ;-) Beating me "out" by a mere 15 months, she has always been mistaken for the youngest (which I know I'll hate in 10 years...). Weighing less than me, measuring up shorter than me, graduating college after me and getting hitched after me didn't prove her elder case. Lucky for her, I plan to let her birth kids first ;-) That sappy saying: Sisters by Chance, Friends by Choice, yup, that's us.

Day 3 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show:


I fear I'm revealing the forever-young-hopeful-sap in me, but I decided when I started this blog that it would be no holds barred. So, yes, my favorite show of all-time would be the adolescent, thesaurus overdosed, teenage eye-opening, coming-of-age show: Dawson's Creek. Originating on the WB, and continuing (and finishing) with the CW, this quip-filled show debuted on January 20, 1998, just over 13 years ago, when I went from "boys = yuck" to "boys = dreamy". Spanning through my high school years (and let's face it, the worst of them so far) and holding my undivided attention for six seasons (no kidding, I had a "no talking, no cell phones until commercial" rule), "DC" came to an end just as my adolescence started to disappear in the rear-view mirror. The last episode aired on May 14, 2003, just weeks before my high school graduation. As I said goodbye to my somewhat lackluster years of high school, I said...see ya on DVD, Dawson's Creek. To this day, I cry every time I watch the edge-of-your-seat two-part series finale, I get chills at Joey's version of "On My Own", I laugh at the "blues" rendition that Dawson and Andie concoct (drunkenly) on his 16th birthday, I welcome (with open arms) the character Charlie, who later becomes my newest fav show's Lucas Scott (One Tree Hill, anyone?), and I reminisce every thought and emotion that I felt, not only for the show, but in my own life, as we grew-up together. <3

Day 4 - A picture of a habit you wish you didn't have:


Did someone say "SALE"?! I'm there. Though I don't think shopping is out right my addiction (jury's still out...), it certainly fills any voids I may have the moment a piece of clothing with tags reaches my fingertips. Substituting my new (ish) habit of shopping for one that was sending me on a path for an early grave; I'd say shopping as an alternative to excessive eating is a life saver, not a "bad habit". Nonetheless, it does drain my wallet time-to-time and put me in a frenzy over sales, but I wouldn't go as far as to say "I wish I didn't have it". Shopping is not only a budding-addiction, it's a creative outlet. Aspiring to be a fashion designer as a youngin', I soon found out that I couldn't sew a straight line, but shopping could still be in my future. Instead of designing the clothes, shoes, bags, and accessories (Oh my!) that adorn the racks, I find myself picturing them as an ensemble. I challenge myself to think "outside of the closet". So, although fashion designer is not likely a part of my career forecast, I wouldn't rule out "Stylist" just yet. And to be a stylist, one has to go shop!

Day 5 - A picture of your favorite memory:


Take note: Sunglasses (therefore, bright sun), tank top, blue skies, hubby close by and margarita in hand. Not only is this picture one of sanctuary, it's also one of sanity. At a time in my life when opportunities weren't just offered, they were forced on me, I was feeling overwhelmed and the "ME" in me started to drain (no measly anchor tattoo was keeping me grounded this time). How does one bounce back, you ask? A CRUISE. Being my first cruise, I had no idea what to expect, but when I was greeted with the scene you see in the picture, I was sure it was going to be an amazing experience. For 7 days I not only relaxed, I decomposed into a sunbathing chair with a fruity cocktail (drink of the day!) in hand. No cell phone or blackberry service in sight. Though there was the noise of the ocean, the rambunctious sounds of the kiddie pool, the drunken bachelors and the reggae-inspired band poolside, all I heard was silence. My mind was clear, my eyelids light, my under-eye bags diminishing, my heart slow and steady...I was ME. So, although there are many memories in my "favorite jar", this one instantly takes me back to place I think will resemble heaven; not just the destination, but the state of being.

Now that you're all caught up, stay tuned for the next 25 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment